Where Are My Manners?

It’s been over 2 months since I last posted here!
In all fairness, I’ve been pretty busy during that period. David Lewis has opened an exhibition of his own work at Pontypridd Museum, and at at the beginning of July he asked me to animate a short promo for an animation/game concept he came up with.  I got the animation done in time for the opening, but unfortunately there was no time to edit all the footage together, so that’s what I’m working on now (more accurately, I’m battling with After Effects and Premiere, in the hopes of getting one of them to work properly). In the meantime, here’s a still from said promo:

graffbot.fla-NEWWWW

The character design, storyboarding and backgrounds were all done by David originally; I just came in and did all the Flash animation. It was tough, balancing this with family life and two part time jobs, but in the end I was glad of it, not just for the money but because I haven’t had the opportunity to animate anything in so long!

Right after this I got involved with development on another project for a few days, so this is really the first opportunity I’ve had to get to the blogging. More details soon!

Comments

Jamie Gibbs said…
Looking forward to seeing the finished product :) Fair play though, if you can balance all that and still get time to blog, I'd be worried that you'd cloned yourself to get more stuff done. And cloning never ends well :P